- Title: DevOps Architect
- Code: RCI-MSI-05179
- Location: Chicago Illinois (IL) 60661
- Posted Date: 05/14/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Status: Open
- Name:Gary Chhabharia
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 410
Seeking an experienced DevOps Architect to support our growing Cloud Native software initiatives. The ideal candidate is disciplined and is well-versed in a broad range of proprietary and open-source software development technologies. The DevOps Architect is required to perform duties in contemporary Linux (CentOS/Red Hat), and VMware virtual environments. Experience with developing CICD pipelines for containers orchestrators such as pure Kubernetes, or OpenShift, is critical. Knowledge of and experience with implementing configuration management (CM) through SaltStack, Ansible or Chef is desired but not required. Amazon Web Services experience in the areas of Compute, Storage, Networking, and Content Delivery tools is strongly encouraged.
• Support software development teams and associated proprietary software infrastructure and code management / deployment tools.
• Develop customized CICD pipeline solutions for container-based application infrastructure
Maintain proper documentation and develop / adhere to git-based configuration management principles.
• Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline, (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree field) or 5 years’ equivalent experience.
• Amazon Web Services, RHEL, OpenShift, Kubernetes or other relevant Linux / DevOps certification.
• Experience (5+ years’) with Linux OS ( Red Hat Enterprise or equivalent, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Fedora, etc).
• Experience supporting or developing software leveraging OpenShift / OKD, Kubernetes and Docker.
• Experiencing creating CICD deployment pipelines utilizing Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
• Experience with building virtual infrastructure leveraging VMware and AWS.
• Experience implementing CM languages, including SaltStack, Docker, Ansible, or Terraform.
• Adept at learning and applying new technologies to solve new problems.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Collaborative in nature and comfortable working in a team.
• Practical experience supporting the SDLC and respective development tools
• Proficiency with configuring and troubleshooting automated deployments utilizing CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Bamboo.
• High Proficiency in one of Python, Java, .NET, PHP, or Ruby
• Experience leveraging web hooks and consuming web services as RESTful APIs.
Candidate should be able to achieve the following within 3 months of employment:
• Achieve regular cadence of CICD configuration support for development teams
• Attain general understanding of corporate e-commerce, middleware and messaging platforms.
Candidate should be able to achieve the following within a year of employment:
• Expert knowledge of configuration management and production implementations.
• Proven capability with implementing and managing applications on cloud-hosted platforms (ex. OpenShift and AWS)
• Proven experience building and deployment PaaS clusters, both on-premises and in the cloud.