- Title: Underwriter Assistant
- Code: RCI-HAR-10719-1
- Location: Morristown New Jersey (NJ) 07960
- Posted Date: 05/15/2019
- Duration: 3 Months
- Status: Open/Slot Over
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 224
This position is responsible for executing all administrative and underwriting functions for the HFPExpress team in order to ensure the supported departments reach their goals and objectives for growth, profit, compliance, efficiency and customer service.
- Submission Clearance - Clear and log all submissions in a timely manner to the appropriate department in accordance with the submission clearance guidelines via the HFPExpress shared mailbox. High Priority requests must be processed within 2 hours, regular priority requests within 24 hours. Maintain accuracy and efficiency on all accounts.
- Letter Processing – Process all compliant letters such as double submissions, declinations, off-risk, conditional renewals and premium finance in accordance with the department guidelines. Maintain accuracy and efficiency and efile to the appropriate folder.
- Process all other requests such as Producer Licensing, Tabs number requests and e-filing via the HFPExpress shared mailbox.
- Handle miscellaneous duties or projects as directed and assigned by HFPExpress management or department management including but not limited to scanning documents and mass mailings.
- Assist in training new members of HFP Express team on new and expanded work functions
- Provide back up support for all other HFPExpress Queues such as endorsement processing and policy issuance on an as needed basis. Assist with processing all Vision Endorsement transactions (name change, address change, effective date, underwriter change, underlying changes) and process endorsements and field changes via Wins if necessary.
- Assist with processing all primary and excess policies based on department guidelines through Vision/Wins system.
- Responsible for timely and accurate issuance for all Vision generated policies
- Ensure that all policy issuance and endorsement correspondence and requests are efiled into the correspondence folder within e-file Possess knowledge of clients financial products strategic direction and of the regional office operating structure to ensure that calls inquiring about general information can be handled or forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Able to handle basic customer service requests such as requests for applications, specimen policies/ endorsements, etc. This includes greeting visitors for the department and getting them to the appropriate person in HFP.
- Develops and maintains smooth, cooperative working relationships with peers and managers alike
- Aptitude to learn and efficiently navigate, VISion, AS/400 Mainframe system and Siebel Client Software.
- Experience with using the Internet as a research tool. Proficient user of MS Word and Excel. PowerPoint and Visio preferred but not required.
Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications skills. Able to communicate with multiple levels (i.e. internally with peers, underwriters and managers; and externally with CSRs, Agents/Brokers, and Insureds).
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task by efficiently managing work and submission flow. Ensure adequate response time to agents and underwriters.