- Title: Contract Coordinator
- Code: RCI-ABV-05274
- Location: Abbott Park Illinois (IL) 60064
- Posted Date: 05/15/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
- Status: Open
Talk to our Recruiter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
The manager is willing to consider both a Contractor Coordinator II and Contractor Coordinator III for this job posting.
- We would be looking for candidates with more experience negotiating, specifically negotiating both contracts and budgets. I’d be happy to look at those candidates just in case they could work.
- The Contract Analyst role negotiates contracts and budgets for clinical R&D trials.
- This individual will negotiate clinical study agreement contracts and budgets with academic institutions and major research centers.
- A strong candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service, communication and prioritization skills.
- Ideally, someone would have a background in budget negotiation, contract negotiation, working in Salesforce systems, a strong understanding of clinical research and medical procedures and the costs thereof and very strong skills in Excel and Word.
- Any candidate would need to work well as part of a team and be comfortable working in a transparent and fast paced environment.
- The Contract Coordinator works under the direct supervision of Outsourcing Project Management/Operations team to assist in drafting and negotiating agreements that support R&D Outsourcing activities on time and within required budget parameters.
- This position also identifies and resolves contract issues under the supervision of the Outsourcing Project Management team.
- The Contract Coordinator may be responsible for performing contract support tasks such as SRM and contract execution activities.
- Provides contract status updates to therapeutic/functional areas and Outsourcing contract management team, as required.
- Responsible for identification and resolution of contract issues working closely with therapeutic/functional areas, legal, OEC and suppliers to resolve contract issues under supervision by the manager.
- Responsible for working under the guidance of Outsourcing Project/Operations Management to draft and negotiate a limited number of agreement types, such as clinical study agreements as assigned by the manager.
- Economically and efficiently purchase services for R&D in compliance with Outsourcing and Purchasing Policies.
- May be responsible for performing contract support tasks such as SRM and contract execution and/or tracking activities in support of Outsourcing team members.
- Develop and maintain necessary contracting documentation according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Promote as the partner of choice in all external communications and dealings to build the brand.
- Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and effective communication skills.
- With a BA/BS degree, 1+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience with an emphasis on business (contract outsourcing, finance) and/or technical experience(chemistry, biology, clinical).
- Candidates without a BA/BS degree require a 3+ years of pharmaceutical related industry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. BA/BS: science, business financial degree or paralegal certification is highly preferred.
- Must have attention to detail along with an understanding of the quality/compliance environment.
- Customer support focused expertise is highly desirable.
NOTES FROM MANAGER:
1) What hours and days will this person be working? The target would be a 40 hour week, typically available during core hours (9 – 3)
2) What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
a. Required Skill 1: demonstrated negotiation skills
b. Required Skill 2: strong Microsoft office skills, particularly for excel and word
c. Required Skill 3: strong communication skills
d. Required Skill 4: comfort working in a transparent environment
e. Required Skill 5: familiarity working in a salesforce.com platform.
3) What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required? Most candidates will have a bachelors degree and experience with negotiations of both budgets and contract language
4) What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification? specific experience negotiating contracts and or budgets for clinical study sites and experience with the Apttus contracting system.
5) What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? The role would be a group setting where the candidate would work alongside many other coordinators to negotiate contracts and budgets.
6) Is any testing required for this role? Only standard required LERN and isotrain work to ensure training and qualification.
7) Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? after initial training, remote work is a possibility
8) Other notable details about the environment from the hiring manager about this role The team works in a very transparent environment to ensure alignment with multiple R&D divisions, so any candidate would have to be comfortable showing their work and providing updates in our systems concurrently while work is being completed.
9) What positions/background experience do you feel are successful in this role Historically, we have success with people with a paralegal or purchasing background, as well as other general contracting roles. Obviously direct experience in negotiating clinical trial agreements and budgets would be ideal and a huge asset.