- Title: Data Center Migration Project Manager
- Code: RCI-ITCS4-9183A
- Location: Brooklyn New York (NY) 11201
- Posted Date: 05/15/2019
- Duration: 7 Months
- Status: Open
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
Please note that this is a request for recruitment for Consultant-to-Hire Services. But it is not guaranteed that the City will offer a permanent job. The permanent job will have a Civil Service Title: IT Project Specialist and may offer a salary up to $140,000 commensurate with experience.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
This key project leadership role will report directly to DoITT’s Chief Operating Officer and serve as the principle Project Manager for a Citywide Data Center Strategy planning and assessment effort, managing overall project governance and day-to-day coordination work related to the initial assessment and migration planning of agency data centers and mission critical applications to DoITT-managed colocation facilities. Working closely with the systems integrator responsible for collecting information from various agencies and assessing agency data center needs, responsibilities will include coordinating and managing system integrator resources; creating status reports; identifying and escalating risks and issues; and signing off on deliverables.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining project plans that are resource balanced and accurately depict resource needs from the agency engaged in migration.
• Provide leadership for large-scale data center workload migration projects including planning, design and execution phases for critical workload migration and consolidation projects.
• Serve as a hands-on leader for cross-functional teams including program management, technical/engineering, management, and administrative staff.
• Maintain and escalate risks associated to their relevant projects to the PMO and Executive staff. Manage all risks to completion.
• Produce and review weekly executive reports on change, risk, and dependencies.
• Import project plans into the standard DoITT tools (ex: Clarity) to maintain project visibility across the organization.
• Forecast critical path for migrations and maintain project plan base lined dates.
• Coordinate team resources and resources needed for successful completion of relevant Data Center migration phases.
• A baccalaureate or associate degree from an accredited college, and a minimum of Eight (8) years of IT Project Management experience.
• Within the eight years above, candidates must demonstrate the following skills / expertise listed below:
• Proven track record and oversight responsibility for managing data center migrations.
• Knowledge of data center structured cabling, data center infrastructure management, MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) footprint.
• Prior leadership experience in support of a large complex environment, such as: Windows, Solaris, AIX, Linux, Oracle, DB2, Clarity, Microsoft Project, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, MQ, WAS, Web Logic in a CISCO network environment.
• Technical expertise with several Operating Systems, such as: VMware, Solaris (Zones/LDOMs), Windows Citrix, SAN, Proxy Server, Security, Firewall, three-tier architecture, and networking with TCP/IP, ScienceLogic, HTTP, Sun MC, NetIQ, Remedy.
• Proficiency in Application Dependency Mapping methodology, network infrastructure, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Virtualization management and resiliency.
• Familiarity with AWS, Azure and GCP Cloud Platforms
• Familiarity with Cisco UCS, NetApp, EMC Storage, VSphere, VSAN, VxRail products.
• Familiarity with Private Cloud Managed Services, Infrastructure Utility Services (IUS) and Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM).
• Strong management, collaboration and team building skills and demonstrated experience working with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, prior experience interfacing with executive level management, creating and giving senior level presentations.
• Excellent analytic, organizational, and facilitation skills, with proven ability to manage multiple tasks, resolve or escalate issues and risk, direct priorities and make decisions, all under tight deadlines.
• PMP Certification.
• Knowledge of technologies and standards, e.g. ITIL and CMMI standards and processes.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs—Project, Power Point, Excel and Visio