- Title: Phlebotomist I
- Code: RCI-13352021
- Location: Hamburg, NY 14075
- Posted Date: 09/22/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Ankit Shah
- Email: Ankit.Shah@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 210
Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 2:00 pm
Covid Vax is not Required for this role.
Please Note: Experience using butterfly needles is required.
Candidates must have experience "sticks" on both adults, pediatric & geriatric.
Hiring Manger willing to accept candidates fresh out of school/training (Willing to train);
Certification not required but would be a bonus!
The Patient Services Representative I (PSR I) represents the face of the company to patients who come in, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR I draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR I has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR I will demonstrate Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work in a doctor's office, a patient service center or as business needs dictate.
Under the direction of the area supervisor, perform daily activities of the Patient Service Center accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment. Performs with confidence, both the forensic and clinical specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. Maintains required records and documentation. Demonstrates organizational commitment and promotes a positive image to patients, clients, employees and the public in general.
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Committed to all policies and procedures including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change; and knowledge of our business.
- Training locations may vary based on trainer availability- up to 3 hours away.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred (Required in California, Nevada, and Washington).
- Minimum of 6 months experience.
- One(+) years phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
- Keyboard/data entry experience a must.