- Title: Laboratory Technician
- Code: RCI-26240
- Location: Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Posted Date: 09/23/2022
- Duration: 4 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Shift - 6:00am to 3:00pm
Responsible for carrying out laboratory activities in support of production schedules and objectives directed out by Sr staff.
- The position of Laboratory Technician III is within our Cardiometabolic business unit located at Carlsbad, CA.
- Under moderate supervision, this position is responsible for manufacturing support functions.
- These functions include performance of moderately complex procedures/tasks in support of production goals and objectives according to established GMP guidelines.
- This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Carry out laboratory activities in support of production schedules and objectives as directed by senior staff.
- Safely operate laboratory equipment in accordance with established practices.
- Promote and be responsible for laboratory safety and housekeeping.
- Train new hires and other staff on policies/procedures as required.
- Obtain and stock laboratory supplies as directed.
- Maintain documentation and records in an accurate, timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
Basic qualifications | education:
- AA/AS or BA/BS or currently attending a college or university and working toward achieving an AA/AS or BA/BS.
- This would include laboratory coursework in biology, chemistry or related field.
- Two to four yr of experience.
- Hands on training in the operation of applicable laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, maintain accurate records and notes, and the ability to carry out assignments in a through, conscientious fashion.
- Conscious of safety requirements and applicable material handling methods (including universal precautions for handling potentially bio-hazardous materials.
- Working knowledgeable of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSR’s, ISO, ISO 13485, CMDR.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork focused
- Results oriented