- Title: Materials Designer
- Code: RCI-17070741
- Location: Beaverton, OR 97005
- Posted Date: 09/23/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Darshan Mali
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 421
This ETW will need to be at Company Headquarters Tues/Wed/Thurs each week
ACC Materials Designer II
GLOBAL CLIENT DESIGN
Material Design for Client Accessories - working with cross functional partners to bring new materials and collections to life.
- Textile design
- Design themes
- Technical skills include illustrator
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We’re looking for an exceptional Materials Designer to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help create the future of Materials in Client Accessories – Bags, Socks, Headwear and Equipment.
- The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver who brings engagement and curiosity to work across multiple material platforms and product types.
- This person will be focused on elevating the consumer experience by creating materials for a wide range of products and consumers, while driving an emotional connection through the use of narrative and storytelling.
- A passion for driving Client’s purpose initiatives around sustainability and people is a must.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Your day to day will be working on a range of material types for all Accessory products and applications.
- You will be pioneering new technologies, creating trend right collections, as well as elevating existing materials for our essential products.
- You will be working on a range of technical and complex materials, utilizing knowledge pulled from all industries and curating collections to be used to elevate existing and new models.
- Your work will encompass concepting and ideating through to finalizing tech packs, as well as working with manufacturing partners.
- The daily responsibilities of this role are wide ranging, challenging, and rewarding.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- You will be partnering closely with the Client Accessories Product Design, Color Design, Graphic Design, Digital Design and Development teams, in bringing to life the seasonal creative direction through Accessories Materials design and innovation.
- This role does not have direct reports and reports directly to the Accessories Materials Design Director.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of relevant design experience exemplifying ability to push material design, and/or relevant experience in Textile Design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, art or related field; fashion design, product design, industrial design, accessory and footwear design, or textile design; or a combination of education, experience, and training
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product executions.
- Ability to create concepts and explore new Materials innovations and technologies and ideas
- Ability to leverage manufacturing process to elevate new ideas, process and materials.
- Experience building inspiration/concept presentations, and mood boards for seasonal concepts and direction
- Experience building 3D samples and creating mockup samples by hand
- Ability to present new ideas or seasonal concepts to small and large groups
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Experience working and communicating directly with manufacturing partners to ensure the accuracy of intent and Materials executions
- Ability to create and edit files using Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design
- Ability to participate in multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines
- Active and proficient participant in the creative process and cross-functional communication
- Passion for Design, future thinking and experimentation – curiosity is a must.