Behavioral Health Clinician in Newark, NJ
- Title: Behavioral Health Clinician
- Code: RCI-8347-1
- Location: Newark, NJ 07105
- Posted Date: 10/03/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sagar Shah
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 233
Shift - 5 days a week Saturday and Sunday days 8-4:30 and then weekdays evenings from 5p to 1:30pm for a total of 5 days/ 40 hours, Need someone to work on the Afterhours team on weekends but also evenings during the week.
- RN or LCSW, LPC with Behavioral Health experience, preferably inpatient but not necessarily.
- Assesses patient's behavioral health clinical need against established guidelines and/or standards to ensure that the level of care and length of stay of the patient are medically appropriate for inpatient stay.
- Evaluates the necessity, appropriateness and efficiency of behavioral health medical services and procedures provided.
- Coordinates and assists in implementation of plan for members.
- Monitors and coordinates services rendered outside of the network, as well as outside the local area, and coordinates internally for negotiation of fees for such services as appropriate. Coordinates with patient, family, physician, hospital and other external customers with respect to the appropriateness of care from diagnosis to outcome.
- Coordinates the delivery of high quality, cost-effective care supported by clinical practice guidelines established by the plan addressing the entire continuum of care.
- Monitors patient's behavioral health medical care activities, regardless of the site of service, and outcomes for appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Advocates for the member/family among various sites to coordinate resource utilization and evaluation of services provided.
- Encourages member participation and compliance in the behavioral health case/disease management program efforts.
- Documents accurately and comprehensively based on the standards of practice and current organization policies.
- Interacts and communicates with multidisciplinary teams either telephonically and/or in person striving for continuity and efficiency as the member is managed along the continuum of care.
- Understands fiscal accountability and its impact on the utilization of resources, proceeding to self-care outcomes.
- Evaluates care by problem solving, analyzing variances and participating in the quality improvement program to enhance member outcomes.
- Completes other assigned functions as requested by management.
- The information above is intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to this position.
- This jobdescription is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,duties, and skills required of each incumbent.
- Requires a masters in a behavioral health related field or Nursing degree
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years behavioral health clinical experience.
- Behavioral health experience, preferably in a managed care setting, strongly preferred.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations
- Active Unrestricted NJ LCSW, LMFT, LPC, or RN License Required
- Applied Behavior Analysis Certification preferred
- Prefers proficiency in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; prefers knowledge in the use of intranet and internet applications.
- Prefers working knowledge of case/care management principles.
- Prefers working knowledge of principles of utilization management.
- Prefers basic knowledge of health care contracts and benefit eligibility requirements.
- Prefers knowledge of hospital structures and payment systems.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >