Quality Control Inspector in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Title: Quality Control Inspector
- Code: RCI-82667-1
- Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
- Posted Date: 10/04/2022
- Duration: 11 Months
- Name:Kiran Paniker
- Email: Kiran.Paniker@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 236
- A Quality Control (QC) Inspector for client is a high visibility position; therefore, the inspector must always present themselves in a professional manner, with honesty and integrity.
- A QC Inspector must possess good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- A QC Inspector is an individual who observes, monitors, and documents the execution of construction work performed in the field by utility and contractors crews.
- A QC Inspector primarily performs quality inspections on work currently being performed or work that has been recently completed, utilizing established checklists.
- A QC Inspector will also perform and document field safety audits, utilizing the utility Safety Website.
Underground inspection of utility facilities such as URD cables, splices, terminations, transformers, and other facilities as required.
Traveling to active construction sites (90-95% task will be to visit site, for rest they can visit nearby location)
PPE kit is compulsory
Skills: Who can understand construction drawing, measurements of cable, able to read mechanical drawing
Per mile cost will be provided
Work Experience –
- Shall have utility overhead experience.
- Past QC Inspector experience is preferred.
- Nuclear QC Inspector background would be viewed favorable.
Qualifications –Candidates for the Overhead QC Inspector positions will have to successfully complete and/or demonstrate knowledge of:
- Utility QC Inspector Qualification Training,
- Proficiency using the utility Standards (C-Specs), Proficiency using utility maps and locating equipment in the field,
- Knowledge of utility work practices and procedures,
- Knowledge of the utility Safety Rule Book and other underground safety rules.
- Complete knowledge of how to build a build a pole, install pole attachments (transformers, capacitor banks, repeaters, etc), Be able to show competency equivalent to a utility Overhead Lineman.
- Contractor candidates holding current industry underground certifications for performing overhead activities will be evaluated and portions of the above requirements may be waived.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities –
- A QC Inspector’s primary duties are (but are not limited to:) Spend 95+% of their time in the field performing QC inspections,
- Inspection of existing utility facilities such as URD cables, splices, terminations, transformers, and other facilities as required,
- Observe the construction of URD splices and terminations while being constructed,
- Document identified deviations in QCI in a timely manner,
- Conduct and document Safety Audits as required, Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Must have 6 + years of QC inspection experience in a utility setting.
- Specific Skills needed
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >