Mechanical Engineer in Beaverton, OR
- Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Code: RCI-17088256
- Location: Beaverton, OR 97005
- Posted Date: 10/04/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Darshan Mali
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 421
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
For a top candidate, The manager would extend some more flexibility than the current 3-2 schedule for FTE’s.
However, on-campus time is part of the requirement.
Priority will be given to candidates that support the 3-2 schedule.
Top 3 Skills
- CAD Design (3D & 2D)
- Design for Manufacture/Manufacturing Engineering New Product Introduction (NPI) Processes
- Work Schedule The role will interact with our Asia Operations team in Hong Kong.
- Regular weekly contact with the Asia Operations team & factory partners in Greater China is part of the job. I will extend flexibility in working hours to compensate for this.
- Time Zone There needs to be a reasonable overlap with PST.
- Please see the note regarding preference for 3-2 schedule.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for a driven, dynamic Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Sustaining & Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- This role is responsible for optimizing of the mechanical design of innovative, electromechanical products that help make athletes better.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the wearable consumer electronics product life cycle as well as relevant manufacturing processes.
- They will directly contribute to supporting the production of Client’s wearable electronics products and be key team member in the creationour next generation products.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Serve as a mechanical & manufacturing engineering resource for the Sustaining & Manufacturing Engineering Team to enable inline product creation and mass production.
- Use concept sketches, engineering design/ideas, rapid prototypes, and other communication methods to assure clear understanding of technological capabilities and limitations of mechanical systems and manufacturing methods.
- Use CAD and other tools to simulate engineering structure, materials, and product designs.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support for new product development in prototype phases.
- Drives collaboration between engineering, design, and manufacturing teams.
- Works directly with the Development Engineering team providing a design for manufacturing perspective in new product design.
- Leads the evaluation and selection process of new and novel manufacturing methods
- Assists in transition of manufacturing processes to Asia based contract manufacturing partners
- Executes on sustaining engineering activities for mass production products.
- Facilitates inline product expansion opportunities through design optimization, cost-down exercises, and component second sourcing.
- Creates & implements design changes supporting new features/product updates for mass production products
- Creates & implements product design improvements for cost, quality and supply chain risk reduction
- Partners with team members in the development of functional & reliability test plans/reports
- Create specifications and quotation documentation in order to lead external professional services firms (domestic and international) and factories to create prototypes, proofs-of-concept, and product concepts for the product development team.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- You will report to the Director of Manufacturing &Sustaining Engineering for Client Smart Systems. Your peers are project and discipline individual contributors across Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Firmware Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Sustaining Engineering.
- You will regularly interface with resources and leaders within Design, Reliability Engineering, Program Management, Operations, and Manufacturing.
- You will also collaborate across the broader Innovation organization, including Footwear Innovation, Apparel Innovation, Materials Innovation, Cushioning Innovation, and the Client Sports Research Lab.
- Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate globally with engineering partners and contract manufacturing teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in mechanical design and product development.
- 2+ years of Mechanical engineering experience with wearable consumer electronics or medical devices is highly preferred.
- Experience implementing new manufacturing methods in a high volume manufacturing environment is required
- Experience working with high volume manufacturing facilities in Asia required
- Proficiency in parametric modeling software (e.g. SolidWorks) required.
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) best practices, tolerances stacks, and metrology techniques is required.
- End-to-End expertise in industry standard product development processes to create high-volume products including new-product-introduction (NPI), Sustaining/Value Engineering, and End of Life phases.
- Experience in formal problem solving metholodogies (e.g. 8D, Fishbone diagrams, Shanin) required
- Proficiency in DFLSS/DMAIC best practices and implementation is highly preferred.
- High-level understanding of adjacent technical disciplines (Industrial Design, Systems Engineering and Electrical Engineering) required.
- Excellent creativity, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time-management skills are required.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including international travel.
- Available for occasional late afternoon/evening conference calls.
- Experience working in sporting goods industry is a plus
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >