Financial Analyst in Newark, NJ
- Title: Financial Analyst
- Code: RCI-8350-1
- Location: Newark, NJ 07105
- Posted Date: 10/04/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Kiran Paniker
- Email: Kiran.Paniker@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 236
Looking for one of these temps to be a temp to hire.
Hybrid Role, 2 days a week from office
This position is responsible for the development, monitoring and reporting of projections as well as the timely and accurate preparation and analysis of accounting entries for assigned divisions or companies. This position is also responsible for the preparation and analysis of all financial reports for management.
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of monthly accounting entries for the financial close and the preparation of related general ledger account analyses (e.g., account reconciliations, investigation of unusual or one-time items); this involves interfacing with divisional personnel.
- Perform variance analysis.
- May prepare financial reporting (e.g., board reports, divisional reports, scorecards and regulatory reports)
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and benchmarking for assigned divisions or companies including analyzing raw financial data as well as compiling reports, graphs and presentations.
- Support internal and external audits as needed.
- Identify finance core processes for standardization / redesign and implement more streamlined procedures to enhance efficiency and controls.
- Participate in various projects related to reducing administrative cost or similar financial analysis or ensure proper interfacing of premiums and claims to general ledger.
- May also provide SG&A data for project and vendor ROI and RFP analyses as needed.
- May also develop budgets and quarterly forecasts for assigned divisions/companies including monitoring of reported results vs. projections and variation analysis.
- May also develop and distribute weekly and monthly enrollment reports.
- May provide consultation or support to assigned divisions or companies on financial statement matters.
- Accountable for maintaining effective internal controls over the processes and transactions under areas of responsibility including the completeness and accuracy of financial information and transactions, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Core Individual Contributor Competencies: Personal and professional attributes that are critical to successful performance for Individual Contributors: Customer Focus, Accountable, Learn, Communicate.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Requires at least (3) three years of progressively responsible experience with general accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, budgeting or related function.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting or finance a plus.
- Registrations: Prefer a CPA or CPA candidate.
Knowledge: Prefer knowledge of accounting, finance and budget/cost. Requires knowledge of general accounting principles and methods; prefer knowledge of both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting principles (SAP).
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Requires demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking including the ability to research and resolve problems, report findings accurately, identify solutions and implement resolutions through interaction with company-wide personnel.
- Requires very strong attention to detail and granular levels of financial reporting.
- Requires strong skills in MS Office applications (particularly Excel and Access).
- Prefer knowledge of financial auditing.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >