SOC (Security Operations Center) Senior Threat Analyst in Brooklyn, NY
- Title: SOC (Security Operations Center) Senior Threat Analyst
- Code: RCI-85823Y0369
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 10/05/2022
- Duration: 24 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The experienced Specialist will augment staff in the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center including nights, weekends and holidays to monitor the health of City networks.
- Perform many critical functions within the Threat Management discipline including staffing 24x7x365 coverage at the City’s Security Operations Center (SOC) augmenting FTE shift schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Interface with OTI Cyber Command teams internally, with City agencies, vendors and information-sharing partners.
- Monitor City networks and security alerts for intrusion, attempted compromise and anomalous behavior; apply mitigation techniques or escalation factors; correlate threat intelligence across various logs collected by established security controls.
Minimum 8 years of experience in Threat Management/SOC/Incident Response environment.
*** This is a day-shift position. Candidate must be willing to work days and/or weekends*
- Knowledge of information security principles, practices and procedures
- Strong understanding of network and host technologies
- Experience applying techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusion using IDS methods and technologies
- Experience with SIEM technologies, malware analysis and mitigation techniques
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Interpret information collected by diagnostic network tools (nslookup, Ping and Traceroute)
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >