BH RN Care Manager in New York, NY
- Title: BH RN Care Manager
- Code: RCI-76694
- Location: New York, NY 10004
- Posted Date: 11/14/2022
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
- The BH Care Manager develops, facilitates, and communicates a plan of care in partnership with the member, their assigned Health Home, primary caregiver, the primary and attending physicians, and various Behavioral Health and/or Substance Use Disorder providers.
- This position collaborates with the aforementioned parties to assess, plan, facilitate, and advocate for options and services to meet a member’s behavioral health needs through communication and available resources.
- Clinically assess members for acute behavioral and physical health needs. Generating referrals to providers, community-based resources, and appropriate services and other resources to assist in goal achievement.
- Expected to meet with members in their homes, shelters, other residential settings, at community agencies, hospital inpatient units and/or day hospital programs.
- Conduct initial and ongoing Behavioral Health clinical assessments.
- Develop a formal plan of care for all services needed for the member.
- Notify physicians for any changes in member’s plan of care. Follow up with assigned nurses for clinical updates to plans of care.
- Document IDT care coordination notes between both internal Client staff and external BH providers and caregivers.
- Attend and prepare for bi-Weekly Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) meetings which will feature newly enrolled, frequently admitted, high utilizing at risk members.
- Assist members with the coordination of services from various settings as appropriate. Including facilitating discharge from acute setting and alternate settings. Provides Care Coordination throughout the continuum of care. Optimizes both the quality of care and the quality of life for the Client members.
- Assist providers with achieving pay for performance goals and examine the feasibility of Value Based Payment with high volume providers for Mainstream Medicaid.
- Educate providers on medication and treatment compliance while also promoting the use of Long Acting Injectables.
- Enlist existing provider network in promoting first episode psychosis treatment.
- Documents in a comprehensive manner to ensure that all goals, interventions, and care coordination activities for each member in DCMS system, and other applicable software programs, are complaint with professional standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate housing needs appropriately and assist with housing application process. Collaborating timely with Client internal housing team for supportive assistance.
- Contributes to Client corporate goals through ongoing execution of member care plans and member goal achievement.
- Performs other appropriate Behavioral Health Departmental duties and participates in other special projects as assigned, including, but not limited to, audit review and preparation, quality improvement, community health education, facility/provider relations and marketing activities.
- Previous Behavioral Health Managed Care Case Management experience (1-3 years)
- Overall, 3-5 years of Behavioral Health (Serious Mental Illness & Substance Use Disorder) experience preferably in a Psychiatric Hospital Inpatient and/or Outpatient experience
- Working knowledge of NY State Health Home System and Plan of Care process
- Case Management Experience within the Integrated Collaborative Care Model Approach
- Knowledge of Psyckes, E-Paces, HCS (UAS) MAPP, Microsoft Teams Video knowledge preferred
- Medical Background & Bilingual preferred. Strong interpersonal and assessment skills, the ability to remain calm and poised with challenging members who often present as in a constant state of crisis
- Previous history of conducting home visits to members as well as assessing them bedside during an inpatient hospitalization or at their long-term Substance Abuse Residential setting
- Previous Quality Management liaison experience with hospitals and other large volume providers to address cost. as well as HEDIS/QARR quality performance, preferred
- Exceptional Organizational and Communication Skills
Licensure and/or Certification Required:
- LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, RN, CASAC. Current valid unrestricted NY State License
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Service Member FIRST Focus
- Superior Technical Computer skills (Microsoft Office, DCMS, Teams Video Application)
- Clear and Concise Written/Oral Communications
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >