SQL Server Database Admin in Brooklyn, NY
- Title: SQL Server Database Admin
- Code: RCI-12082022
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 11/18/2022
- Duration: 36 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
- The Database Administrator will primarily be responsible for managing SQL Server Database installations on Windows platform.
- The Database Administrator will work as a part of CLIENT’ Database Management team that is responsible for administration, support and implementation of new and existing SQL Serverdatabases, working with the application administrators and development teams to ensure that existing environments are stable and optimally utilized, as well as participating in CLIENT’ ongoing Legacy Replacement Project (LRP).
The following deliverables shall apply:
- Ensure system availability and recovery.
- Execute performance tuning, backup, and restoration of databases.
- Provide daily management of Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure and assure service availability.
- Maintain databases across multiple environments (Development, Integration, QA, UAT and Production).
- Work with developers, and infrastructure teams to provide world class services to thebusiness community and CLIENT clients.
- Document database maintenance procedures.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Keep SQL servers up to date with necessary patches.
- Release application database changes to higher environments.
- Perform server migration/upgrade activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE –
- 7+ years’ experience in database administration of SQL Server database environments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016+.
- Thorough understanding of Relational Databases, T-SQL Scripting, Database
- Normalization best practices, database technologies, and concepts.
- Database Design in a Software Development Environment as a contributor.
- Proficient with SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code as well as design and code stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity and performance issues.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experience working with database automation tools to support CI/CD database activities
- Experience working on small, medium and largescale projects.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Experience in design and development of ETL applications.
- Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >