LAN/WAN Specialist in Brooklyn, NY
- Title: LAN/WAN Specialist
- Code: RCI-R1456QA.
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 11/21/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
POSITION – QA Engineer
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement digital time clocks and related network devices and connectivity to DOE schools.
- Support the operation of the network infrastructure throughout the duration of the time clock implementation through the coordination with support teams, internal customer technicians and engineers, ensuring that the network infrastructure continues to function at optimal performance.
- Maintain all highly technical network infrastructure hardware devices in compliance with defined architectures governed by DIIT.
- Interface with WAN support, LAN support, network integrators, DOE network engineers, and other support teams to oversee that compliance and direction are maintained with the placement of network hardware into the overall DOE enterprise topology.
- Works on deployments and engineering level 3 support tasks, including the review of proposed work plan submissions from integrators after the work is completed in order to ensure that the work aligns to predetermined work scopes and is consistent with DIIT standards.
- Validate and compare As Built provided by Integration vendors to confirm and validate deployed devices meet DIIT Standards.
- Trouble shoots network issues by using tools and remediation methodologies to support network integration and configuration.
- Works with integration vendors on Cybershift digital time clock project through reviewing and approving work plan submissions by the integrator for the installation of infrastructure devices and related network components.
- Is familiar with DIIT network standards for hardware and network connectivity. Provides real-time support to integrators when installing equipment in school, and administrative sites and performs troubleshooting services on network and systems equipment and components when required.
- Assures consistent quality of device deployment by developing, validating, and enforcing good processes and providing the necessary documentation.
MANDATORY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate must have minimally achieved the following level of experience:
- 5+ years of experience supporting day to day operations that include routing, switching, firewalls,wireless, and VPN.
- 4+ years experience of working with large LAN/WAN infrastructure and all LAN and WAN networking technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in preparing network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college
- Prior education industry/project experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization including conveying technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Detailed and process-oriented.
- Familiarity with DIIT network standards for hardware and network connectivity.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >