Scientist (Eukaryotic cell) in La Jolla, CA
- Title: Scientist (Eukaryotic cell)
- Code: RCI-07186
- Location: La Jolla, CA 92037
- Posted Date: 11/22/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Rajgurusingh Azad
- Email: Rajgurusingh.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 225
Update: experience in eukaryotic cell (e.g. yeast or CHO cells) genetics, including plasmid design and construction, and microscopy
Client Company is seeking a eukaryotic cell/strain engineer to join our Platform Innovation team in San Diego, CA.
- This individual will help to develop a semi-synthetic eukaryotic organism to be used to make next generation protein therapeutics.
- This work will extend the already developed semi-synthetic E. coli organism, which retains in its DNA an unnatural base pair formed between two synthetic nucleotides and which was engineered to import the corresponding unnatural nucleoside triphosphates from the growth media.
- Once imported, the E. coli organism uses the triphosphates to replicate DNA containing the unnatural base pair and to transcribe mRNA and tRNA with new codons and anticodons, respectively, which then allows for the synthesis of proteins containing non-canonical amino acids.
- An overview of Client’s Technology Platform may be found here.
- As efficient translation with the unnatural codon/anticodon pairs has already been demonstrated in CHO and HEK cells (A. X.-Z. Zhou, K. Sheng, A. W. Feldman, F. E. Romesberg. 2019 Progress toward Eukaryotic Semisynthetic Organisms: Translation of Unnatural Codons. J Am Chem Soc 141:20166–20170), we are now seeking a scientist to join the effort to create semi-synthetic eukaryotic organisms by engineering them to import and then use the triphosphates for replication and transcription.
- In addition, the successful candidate will use the semi-synthetic organism to produce proteins containing non-canonical amino acids for development as next generation therapeutics.
- The successful candidate will also aid in the coordination, planning, and execution of existing and new collaborations with other groups within Client to explore the development of novel therapeutics for different applications.
- Explore the expression of different nucleotide transporters in eukaryotic cells (e.g. yeasts (S. cerevisiae, P. pastoris) or human cell lines (CHO, HEK)).
- Collaboratively design and perform experiments to characterize and/or optimize the uptake of unnatural nucleoside triphosphates.
- Collaboratively design and perform experiments to characterize and/or optimize the retention of the unnatural nucleotides during DNA replication and transcription.
- Characterize the fidelity with which non-canonical amino acids are incorporated in expressed proteins.
- Support efforts to optimize the production of proteins with non-canonical amino acids, including one or multiple instances of the same or two different non-canonical amino acids.
- Oversee collaboration with other groups within Client for the broad use of the developed semi-synthetic organism.
- Collaborate with other groups within Client to produce next-generation protein therapeutics.
- PhD in appropriate field. Postdoctoral training beneficial but not required.
- Proven expertise with eukaryotic strain engineering or synthetic biology.
- Preferred Qualifications
- A general understanding of protein trafficking, DNA replication, and/or transcription in eukaryotic cells.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with the ability to adapt to changing project goals.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >