Automation Engineer in Devens, MA
- Title: Automation Engineer
- Code: RCI-51325-1
- Location: Devens, MA 01434
- Posted Date: 11/23/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Anthony Blomer
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
This opportunity has a chance to go temp to perm.
- 2+ years of Process Controls Automation Experience in Engineering or Maintenance in Industrial Settings – Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals, or General Manufacturing
- 2+ years experience with Emerson DeltaV software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering (or other similar engineering degree)
- This position requires on-call once per month.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Participate in Control System initiatives such as Change/Project Implementation, Incident/Issue Investigations, CAPA & Safety related corrective actions and manufacturing support.
- Implement system modifications by following appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and remediate system configuration/infrastructure issues.
- Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Participate in on-call support for Automation/IT systems with other team members.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems.
Knowledge and skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 2+ years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems. Preferred Emerson DeltaV or Rockwell PLC's.
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge in computerized systems (Preferred Emerson DeltaV or Rockwell Logix).
- Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-Beverage is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions.
- Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment.
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works in an office setting and GMP manufacturing environment.
- Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Take action, final decision, recommend
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Limited direct supervision is required.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet deliverables as agreed upon with management.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules. Identifies and reports any discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to senior management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- Project-based supervision of internal or external resources may be required.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >