Color Designer in Beaverton, OR
- Title: Color Designer
- Code: RCI-17794880
- RequirementID: 104066
- Location: Beaverton, OR 97005
- Posted Date: 12/07/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Salary ($): 42.18 - 44.87 per Hourly
- Name:Prachi Saxena
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
3 days onsite. 2 days remote
Manager is looking for candidate who have prior footwear color design experience
Color Design Execution –
- Plans and executes color designs.
- Collaborates with design, product marketing, development and material consultants to focus color solutions for market success.
- Reviews all samples to achieve marketable solution review with design, marketing and development.
- Clearly communicates all changes for final confirmation.
- Maintains color calendar/timelines/deadlines for category/division resulting in the timely completion of each product.
- Develops line art, color design server, GPIN, merchandising line, cutting samples & working with material consultant to coordinate materials for products.
- Leverages advanced knowledge and practices in all phases of product execution; trains more junior designers on knowledge and advancements.
- Color Solutions – Uses advanced design skills to create original, innovative, retailable color solutions for category or gender-specific line.
- Advances design image, and inspired targeted consumers.
- Researches and delivers color, design, market and lifestyle trends that influence and impact the product category process from product briefing to product concept to samples.
- Contributes to seasonal color strategy for products, line segments and initiatives.
- Creates seasonal category- specific direction of color, materials and graphics. In partnership with the Category and Design Director, creates and leads color merchandising strategies and stories seasonally.
- Consumer Research – Knows the consumer. Displays in-depth understanding of consumer, brand-positioning needs as it relates to category/division.
- Utilizes knowledge of category/division consumer & their culture to improve product performance & appearance.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge about competitor products, consumer retail habits, color, and market trends.
- Applies insights from consumer perspective into color solutions.
- Presentations & Communication – Presents and communicates category- specific color direction and color merchandising direction of the seasonal line to appropriate groups.
- Works with design/category to produce presentation materials that effectively communicate color direction related to the consumer, product concepts and creative strategy to internal and external audiences.
- Participates and delivers bi-annual category/divisional specific color needs for incorporation into footwear color committee preparation.
- Skill Development – Proactively works with color design management and expert designers to refine personal portfolio of design skills, experiences, and product/process knowledge.
- Provides design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load; mentors more junior designers.
- Together with expert color designers and color design management, advances the value of color to Client by bringing a high level of functional expertise (i.e. materials, special effects, technology, advanced development, presentation, tools) to the color design organization.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively technically challenging color design experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Macintosh computers using Photoshop, Free Hand and/or Illustrator.
- Knowledge of CAD programs, preferably in Mac environment.
- Understanding of color trends, color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement.
- Knowledge of product design and development process.
- Familiarity with product manufacturing processes including: materials/fabrics; plastics; pigments. Strong verbal, written, visual, and high-profile communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group. Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources.
- Ability to articulate how color can affect product and sales.
- Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
- View job description and skills for education requirements if applicable.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >