Systems Engineer in Princeton, NJ
- Title: Systems Engineer
- Code: RCI-52001-1
- RequirementID: 105130
- Location: Princeton, NJ 08543
- Posted Date: 01/19/2023
- Duration: perm Months
- Name:Ashish Makwana
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 254
CLIENT is looking for local candidates to Nassau Park, NJ.
This request is for a DIRECT HIRE.
Job title: Scientific Systems Engineer
Position is for full time employee at CLIENT site in Princeton, NJ (Nassau Park)
- System engineering to support computer server hardware & Linux platforms for Research & Early Development (R&ED).
- Experience of 3+ years with Linux and server hardware configuration is required.
- Role will have opportunity to learn advanced compute server platforms for scientific environments.
- Linux experience (3+)
- Physical Server support / HPE hardware preferable.
- Network configurations
- AWS cloud computing experience.
- Data center support experience.
- Configure and manage specialized computer hardware in data center. Configure compute clusters, servers with GPU. Configure blade servers and system racks in data center.
- Manage production processes and implement change management policies.
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the systems infrastructure.
- Adhere with Site Reliability Engineering principles on incident management and service level objectives.
- Configure hybrid cloud environments integrating data center to Cloud (AWS) environments.
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability of cloud and on-premises environments, especially in staging and production environments.
- Manage scheduling of AWS Cloud resources. Align with scientific workloads and cost optimization techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related, engineering or computer science (a plus).
- Hands on experience with computer hardware, blade servers.
- Hands on experience as a Linux administrator with RedHat RHEL 7 and 8, Operating System installations.
- Server installation and Network configuration. Kickstart process, virtual IP interface, UDEV subsystem, System subsystem, Logical Volume Manager, Linux filesystems, ext4 and xfs, Apache web server. Tomcat JVM application server, Sendmail, Postfix, Device Mapper Multipath.
- Hands on experience with various aspects of Linux Systems and Network engineering, VLAN tagging, Networking protocols, DNS, NFS, dNFS, iSCSI, Network Switches. Ethernet switch port configurations.
- Hands on experience (3 years) with AWS Cloud Platform.
- The ability to work with little supervision; must be self-driven and motivated.
- Role will support production environments and will need to work in the data center occasionally. Some evening and weekend work required for scheduled maintenance and adhoc production support.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >