Histotechnologist in San Diego, CA
- Title: Histotechnologist
- Code: RCI-52083-1
- RequirementID: 105293
- Location: San Diego, CA 92121
- Posted Date: 01/24/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Salary ($): 44.74 - 47.60 per Hourly
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
We are seeking a highly collaborative Histotechnologist to join the Translational Pathology group in the San Diego site. The successful candidate will act as Histology technical authority, communicate with scientists and pathologists, and help coordinate and prioritize projects. The Histotechnologist will focus on histology tissue processing, IHC, ISH, multiplex IF protocol development supporting Histopathology projects from Oncogenesis and IO CT TRC, including new target evaluation, preclinical animal studies, biomarker research from Discovery through Proof-of-Concept studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for tissue trimming (xenografts and PDX models), processing, embedding, making microscopic slides for H&E, special stains, troubleshoot tissue/slide problems and QC prepared slides.
- We are seeking a highly collaborative Histotechnologist to join the Translational Pathology group in the San Diego site.
- The successful candidate will act as Histology technical authority, communicate with scientists and pathologists, and
- Develop and execute IHC, ISH and multiplex IF assays using autostainers, scan and organize images, work closely with the MD pathologist, and present updates to project teams.
- Assist with maintaining tissue bank, slide and block storage, and antibody databases.
- Share responsibilities in purchasing and laboratory supply inventory.
- Troubleshoot instrument issues and contact Lab Services team for maintenance and repair.
- Document all work accurately and contribute to writing SOPs.
- Train others in areas of expertise.
- The successful candidate will have at minimum Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certification is desired but not required.
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in Histopathology (including the above experience) is required.
- Some industry experience is preferred, as is experience in developing IHC or ISH assays for novel targets.
- Lab project management is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are critical.
- The candidate will need to work well within a team and have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be familiar in using word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentation software.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >