Content Strategist in Brooklyn, NY
- Title: Content Strategist
- Code: RCI-R1585A
- RequirementID: 105322
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 01/25/2023
- Duration: 18 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
- The Division of Instructional and Information Technology (DIIT) focuses on meeting the needs of students, teachers, and administrators in today’s complex learning environment. With 1,800+ schools and over 1 million students, the DOE requires a worldclass technology organization.
- DIIT manages and supports data centers, networks, devices, and systems necessary to facilitate student learning, family engagement, and DOE operations.
- The driving force behind our success is our unwavering belief in user-centered design and development, clear and effective communication, an unwavering commitment to equity that includes developing products that meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards for accessibility.
- DIIT requires professional services to support day-to-day needs of the Digital Content Strategy Program.
- This project will allow DIIT to build a framework and policies needed to provide high quality IT related digital content for DOE end-users including families, students, and staff.
High-Level Project Goals
- Develop comprehensive framework for IT communication and documentation strategy, processes, and policies
- Implement editorial standards for IT applications, user manuals, including development of templates, style guides, workflows, and step-by-step instructions that support these practices.
- Translate complex IT product technical information into simple, polished, and engaging content for end-users
- Create end-user feedback processes to maximize engagement with DOE IT application content.
- Develop IT-related communication and documentation that maximizes effective use and engagement with IT applications.
- Maintain a repository of IT related reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Requires excellent writing skills; previous experience in project management and digital communications; a fundamental understanding of digital accessibility and inclusion along with familiarity with Web Content Accessibility
- Guidelines (WCAG) and best practices in the use of plain language.
Outline Of Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communication and product rollout strategy for DIIT’s communications for families, schools, central, and field offices
- Developing and implementing DIIT’s Digital Communication strategies and processes
- Creating materials for digital, events, and multimedia content, such as presentations, videos, email campaigns, surveys, guides, and website updates
- Setting priorities for and with project teams, including developing and delivering communication plans and supporting necessary work
- Measuring progress and results, adjusting as needed to achieve desired outcome
- Identifying communications solutions for complex technical, operational, or organizational challenges
- Understanding of current communication trends as they relate to multimedia and digital technologies and applications, including social networking, media tools, video projects, and email campaigns
- Adhering to best practices in the use of plain language. Provide representative samples of your work.
- Working effectively with cross-functional teams to meet project goals and deadlines, particularly in an environment of uncertainty or ambiguity
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an effective content strategist, or similar role, with increasing responsibilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing digital content and applying best practices in user-centered design
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with content creation and publishing processes that span large organizations
- Working knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- Experience developing communications for localization/translation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience developing long-form case studies for publication
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, can be technical, journalism, communication, political science, education policy, or another relevant field
- Management experience within a large, complex organization in a public relations or communications capacity
- A familiarity with education and technology issues
- Familiarity with organizational change management processes
- Fluency in HTML-editing tools and Content Management Systems. Sitefinity experience a plus
- Proficient with the Google suite – Docs, Slides, Sheets, and Forms – as well as the Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- A can-do attitude, willingness to work as a team, and good sense of humor
- Digital design abilities (or at least a good eye!) a plus
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >