Senior Penetration Tester in Northborough, MA
- Title: Senior Penetration Tester
- Code: RCI-12891
- RequirementID: 106781
- Location: Northborough, MA 01532
- Posted Date: 03/13/2023
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Job purpose: brief description about the role and department
- The Vulnerability Testing Team is part of Vulnerability Management within the Client global Security Team.
- We support the Security Team’s operations by identifying vulnerabilities and security issues via penetration testing assessments.
- We also identify real-world threats posing a genuine risk to Client; replicating behaviours of threat actors, assessed by Government and commercial intelligence providers.
- Your discoveries will enable Client to proactively adjust its defensive posture.
- We are seeking an individual to take on a Senior Tester role with a strong skill set in Web, API, and Application testing.
- A successful candidate will carry out penetration testing across a range of environments, including Enterprise and Critical Infrastructure networks, covering Client’s global business.
- Following assessments, you will liaise with project teams and other security functions to implement effective remediation activities.
- Significant findings will be shared with C-level management and will help influence the strategic direction of the Security department.
- You will also provide guideance and mentoring to junior members of the team, helping them develop in the early stages of their careers.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
- 3 - 5 years experience in a Penetration Testing position
Strong understanding of:
- Penetration testing process and deliverables
- Web Application / API penetration testing methodology
- Common application vulnerabilities such as those included within the OWASP Top 10 and ASVS checklist
- Experience with using common web/API application penetration testing tools such as Burp Suite Professional
- Demonstrable knowledge of additional tooling utilised for all stages of the web/API testing methodology
- Strong stakeholder management and written/oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate at a technical and business user level
- High reporting standards and strong attention to detail, able to review and QA work of peers
- Experience in application development
- Actively involved in the security community; developing open source tools, contributing to security blogs, or participating in CTF competitions
- Able to work in both waterfall and agile software delivery projects
- Experience working in a Critical Infrastructure environment, or similarly regulated industry
- Good understanding of the Energy industry and Industrial Control Systems
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Security related degree (or higher)
Formal certification in one of the following:
- GIAC GWAPT
- CCT – APP, Tiger Scheme, or equivalent
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >