Senior Data Engineer in Brooklyn, NY
- Title: Senior Data Engineer
- Code: RCI-85823Y0474
- RequirementID: 106833
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 03/14/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
Remote an option with onsite visits for critical meetings as needed
Normal business hours Monday-Friday 35 hours/week
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Be experienced in Data Engineering best practices, technologies, tools and processes.
- Bring sound knowledge of Data Warehouses and LakeHouse concepts and practical implementation experience.
- Build a framework of repeatable solutions and playbooks enabling efficient and predictable data pipelines.
- Have hands-on development experience in the implementation of an agile, cloud centric data warehousing and reporting platform with team members of various experience level.
- Interact with clients, both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Handle relationships with end users. Interact regularly to gather feedback, listen to their issues and concerns, and recommend solutions.
- Meet critical deadlines and deliver in short sprints.
- Ensure successful delivery of new reports and dashboards as needed.
- Maintain and curate data documentation – including Architectural Decision Records (ADR), how-to guides, data lineage and ownership using Azure DevOps or similar tool.
- Maintain query performance and tuning to ensure cost optimization.
- Participate in joint application development sessions with co-engineers and end users and be willing to brainstorm.
- Complete technical documentation and be willing to transfer knowledge as needed.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Note:
- 12+ years developing Data Pipelines / Flows using ETL/ELT tools and technologies.
- 10+ years of strong SQL fluency (query optimization, windowing functions, aggregation, etc.).
- 5+ years building complex Analytics and Reporting solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience with a cloud data lake/warehouse solution (Snowflake, Redshift, GCP etc.).
- Hands on experience working with data integration tools like Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services, Informatica Power Center or SSIS or a similar tool.
- Extensive experience developing production grade, large scale data solutions.
- Experience performing conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling using data modeling tools in complex, large-scale environments.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform and services.
- Experience managing data orchestration at scale using tools such as Airflow, Prefect and Dagster.
- Experience with traditional RDMS platforms (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles.
- Experience developing dashboards and reports in applications such as Oracle Analytics Server (OAS), Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker.
- Experience using Azure services for Security, Blob Storage, Data Lake, Databricks, Data Factory etc.
- Programming experience with Python or Java
- Experience with Azure Monitoring services
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert or a Snowpro Certification or a similar one
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >