Senior Embedded Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
- Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- Code: RCI-0387
- RequirementID: 106867
- Location: San Diego, CA 92121
- Posted Date: 03/15/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Salary ($): 115.01 - 116.14 per Hourly
- Name:Anthony Blomer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
100% on site, Candidate will be working closely with the HW and SW Engineers to write software that load firmware on the System.
Client is seeking a Contract Senior Embedded Software Engineer. This engineer will port legacy C bootloaders from older to newer generation Microchip platforms. In addition, a new CAN-based protocol and interface to the host must be designed and developed. The engineer will revise design and unit test documents, and, perform unit testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review legacy boot loader design documents, software and process controls to comprehend legacy system.
- Port boot loader to 16 bit processor platforms and 32 bit master processor platform.
- Port host communication protocol stack to 32 bit master processor platform.
- Collaborate with partner to design and develop new CAN-based message protocol for image download from host.
- Revise design documentation for new boot loaders and download protocols.
- Revise unit test documentation and perform unit testing to ensure robust behavior.
- Participate in code reviews and revise software as appropriate.
- Use Git source control system to manage firmware changes.
- Participate in Agile planning using JIRA and participate in team scrums.
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Experience & Qualification
- Strong C programming skills with 3+ years of embedded C programming and development.
- Solid understanding of microprocessor architecture.
- Previous boot loader experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microchip microprocessors.
- Familiarity Git source control system.
- Ability to read and understand circuit-board schematics.
- Familiarity with CAN bus and communication protocol stack concepts.
- Familiarity with CAN bus analyzers.
- C# .NET Windows experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency and creativity.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly comprehend complex real-time software and systems.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player, able to work well in a group or independently.
- Understands and applies industry practices.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >