Data Center Technician in Akron, OH
- Title: Data Center Technician
- Code: RCI-8073
- RequirementID: 106886
- Location: Akron, OH 44320
- Posted Date: 03/16/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Data Center Specialist
- Experience doing physical cabling in a data center or telecom room including copper and fiber
- This is a physical job
- Understanding of a ticketing system
**This role will be 100% onsite due to job responsibilities, local candidates only please.
Assist with installation, maintenance, and removal of equipment in a large scale Data Center Environment. Includes network cabling and power cabling.
- Previous DATA CENTER EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION experience is expected.
- Experience performing installations of rack mounted servers, network cabling, Storage Area Networks (SANs), fiber and power distribution cabling.
- General understanding of cabling installation standards.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations. Candidates should be able to lift up to 75lbs and work in elevated locations.
- Up to 25% travel will be required for this role.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 and provide after-hours support as needed
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Sound communication skills; Ability to work in a team environment. Basic time management skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new technical skills, apply them to work situations, and expand job capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate a questioning attitude toward established work processes and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Analytical abilities, including problem solving and decision making.
- BA / BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline preferred –OR- up to 2 years of equivalent work experience.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >