Sr Backend Software Engineer - Python in Mississauga, ON
- Title: Sr Backend Software Engineer - Python
- Code: RCI-21759
- RequirementID: 106906
- Location: Mississauga, ON L5N 5M8
- Posted Date: 03/16/2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Anthony Blomer
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖
- We are looking for a Backend engineer to join our group to help with projects in the interactive analysis of large-scale cellular and tissue profiling initiatives using sequencing and imaging technologies.
- Collaboratively and pragmatically solve scientific software engineering challenges encountered at the forefront of spatial transcriptomics interactive data analysis and visualization.
- Developing highly performant systems capable of querying data from distributed sources to feed data visualization interfaces.
- Work with business analysts, computational scientists, and other software engineers to understand and conceptualize the complex, emerging needs of our scientists, whether they are working at the keyboard or the bench.
- Collaborate with local and off-shore engineering teams to support your software development efforts.
- Contribute to the broader scientific community through open-source software development.
Successful candidates will satisfy many of the following requirements
- BS or higher in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Expertise (5+ years of experience) in Python, designing and developing high-performance systems & package development
- Experience with scientific computing packages - scipy, numpy, pandas and its ecosystem
- Experience using cloud infrastructure (AWS in particular) to establish APIs and data services.
- Demonstrated adherence to best practices in software engineering, particularly usability, version control, testing, and appropriate use of abstraction.
- Biological domain knowledge, specifically in single cell genomics, and basic data analysis skills are desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with formal build/release/deploy and continuous integration frameworks is a plus.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >