Firmware Engineer in Bloomington, MN
- Title: Firmware Engineer
- Code: RCI-18812-1
- RequirementID: 108983
- Location: Bloomington, MN 55431
- Posted Date: 05/23/2023
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Location: Davidson, NC or Bloomington, MN
- We are looking for Senior Power Electronics Firmware Engineer who excels in their domain, has good attention to detail and is an excellent communicator. The position is responsible to architect, develop and deploy an embedded firmware environment for our next generation power conversion technologies. The firmware engineer will be the primary owner of the embedded system for equipment that will have a high range of penetration into some of our flagship products. The position shall provide technical leadership for a global team while establishing cross-business engagement with leading experts.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Takes technical lead to gather key requirements for the embedded system based on control performance as well application layer features
- Develop code execution benchmarking process to evaluate processor requirements
- Evaluate embedded platform architectures to fit system needs
- Specify microcontroller requirements and drive part selection
- Create requirements around non-volatile memory needed for embedded system implementation
- Collaborate with control engineers to develop firmware implementation strategy
- Develop firmware framework for integration of model generated code with hand-written code and create linkages between different code modules with a focus on reusability
- Develop methods for increased quality of code such as static code analysis, adaptation of industry leading coding standards, code traceability etc.
- Incorporate industry standard repository management tools such as SVN and Git to maintain firmware revision management best practices
- Test, validate, and troubleshoot controller implementation using logic analyzers, JTAG, and oscilloscopes
- Collaborate with Model Based Control engineers to develop and utilize V&V tools such as MIL, SIL, PIL, and HIL to evaluate new algorithms, modifications, or corner-case events
- Support agency compliance testing
- Interface with global teams in Germany and India to look for opportunities for common integration
- Develop project plans, prioritize tasks, and provide regular project updates.
- Write clear technical reports and present results in formal and informal environments.
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or the equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 5+ years of professional firmware/software development of embedded control systems
- Proficient in programming languages and object-oriented concepts - Python, C/C++, Embedded C, algorithms, data structures, multi-threading, real-time operating systems (RTOS), code performance analysis
- Strong experience in microcontrollers such as ARM or DSP is required.
- Strong experience with the embedded system compilers, debuggers, IDE's
- Ability to develop bootloader code as well as kernel and device drivers (RS485, SPI, PCIe, UART, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain board support packages (BSP) for embedded systems for peripheral devices such as ADCs, DACs, PWM, DIOs etc.
- Strong ability in the areas of people and task management, being able to define meaningful tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative, able to function effectively in both independent and team-based environments
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment for extended duration, author test plans, coordinate testing with lab staff and reviewing results.
- Must be adept at report writing and presenting technical information to a wide audience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required with good interpersonal skills, able to express concepts and ideas with clarity
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of control system design including instrumentation and HMIs. Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering). Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory and model predictive control).
- Strongly prefer experience and involvement in all facets and phases of product development from inception to production, and obsolescence.
- Strong proficiency with code management tools such as SVN, Git etc. for firmware version control and project maintenance
- Experience in MATLAB auto-code generation workflows is preferred
- Experience with HIL based platforms such as Opal-RT, Speedgoat, RTDS is preferred
- Knowledge of PCB design, using schematic capture and layout tools is preferred
- Experience in FPGAs is a plus
Masters Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer ScienceAbout Rangam:
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >