Senior Research Associate in Oceanside, CA
- Title: Senior Research Associate
- Code: RCI-13096
- RequirementID: 109060
- Location: Oceanside, CA 92056
- Posted Date: 05/25/2023
- Duration: 7 Months
- Salary ($): 38.49 - 38.84 per Hourly
- Name:Manshi Negi
- Email: Manshi.Negi@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 244
Senior Research Associate - Purification
100% onsite Oceanside (no hybrid option) Working Hours - Mon-Fri business hours with some flexibility on start time; core hours are covered by the whole team
- Seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific expertise in process development as well as pre-clinical and clinical operations related to recombinant proteins.
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position:
- The successful candidate will have a working understanding of downstream process development and scale up including centrifugation, normal flow filtration, chromatography operations, tangential flow filtration, and virus inactivation/removal.
- The ability to demonstrate hands on experience in several of these areas is expected.
- The candidate is expected to work effectively within the purification team to help design and execute experiments supporting process definition, optimization, and characterization with an increasing level of independence.
- The candidate will collaborate with Technical Operations in technology transfer from process development to clinical and commercial GMP manufacturing, including definition of bill of materials, batch record drafting/review, and discrepancy resolution.
- The candidate will also contribute to the preparation of regulatory filings and process validation and characterization reports.
- The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to the team and should have the ability to proactively identify issues and suggest solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- This is a highly collaborative environment where willingness and ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals across various teams is essential.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, organized, and enjoy scientific investigation and thinking. The applicant is also expected to recommend alternatives, research new methods and technologies that can advance purification platforms, and proactively seek out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- The candidate will monitor and contribute to external literature and scientific conferences.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Hands-on execution of all aspects of purification process development, process scale up and GMP manufacturing support.
- Ability to work with increasing independence in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- Willingness to proactively seeking out senior personnel to define goals, design experiments, discuss results and suggest next steps.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Requires a BS (2+ years of experience) or MS (0+ years) in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline and relevant experience that demonstrates experience in purification process development.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to participate in highly effective teams, and work with collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >