Accounting Analyst in Newark, NJ
- Title: Accounting Analyst
- Code: RCI-8478-1
- RequirementID: 109095
- Location: Newark, NJ 07105
- Posted Date: 05/26/2023
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sagar Shah
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 233
Potential for Perm
Hybrid (3 Day in office and 2 days remote)
This position is responsible for the the timely and accurate preparation and analysis of accounting entries and reconciliation of accounts for assigned divisions or companies. This position is also responsible for the preparation and analysis of all financial reports for management.
- This is more towads Accounting Analyst type role wherein able perform basic accounting task which includes reconciliations, journal entries, general ledgers, accounts analysis, month end closing
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of monthly accounting entries for the financial close and the preparation of related general ledger account analyses (e.g., account reconciliations, investigation of unusual or one-time items); this involves interfacing with divisional personnel.
- Perform variance analysis.
- May prepare financial reporting (e.g., board reports, divisional reports, scorecards and regulatory reports)
- Identify finance core processes for standardization / redesign and implement more streamlined procedures to enhance efficiency and controls.
- Participate in various projects related to reducing administrative cost or similar financial analysis or ensure proper interfacing of premiums and claims to general ledger.
- Accountable for maintaining effective internal controls over the processes and transactions under areas of responsibility including the completeness and accuracy of financial information and transactions, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university. Requires at least (3) three years of progressively responsible experience with general accounting, financial analysis, financial modeling, budgeting or related function.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting or finance a plus.
- Prefer knowledge of accounting, finance and budget/cost.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment.
- Requires strong skills in MS Office applications (particularly Excel and Access).
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >