- Title: Lab Tech
- Code: RCI-14995
- Location: North Chicago, IL 60064
- Posted Date: 11/30/2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Ankit Mohanty
- Email: ankit.Mohanty@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 259
- The Bioanalytical group within Client Science and Technology is looking for an experienced Bio-analytical Scientist/Lab Technician to perform routine/non-routine analysis as well as formulation work within the group.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with various bioanalytical/ physical tests e.g. SEC, CEX, HIC and RP HPLC, Karl Fisher, spectroscopy-UV, IR, fluorescence, visual evaluations such as color, clarity, pH, viscosity, density, visible and sub-visible particle testing techniques.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting bioanalytical data and working with project teams is a plus.
- Working with project leads on projects of varying complexity including routine and non-routine analysis, generate reliable and consistent results.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- General lab maintenance/lab upkeep
- Perform routine testing. Documenting experiments with electronic notebook (eLN).
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Client policies and procedures.
- Follow, understand, and comply with Client SOP’s and policies on cGMP’s and safety. Maintains a clean, safe, and organized lab area.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related science. Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out job function.
- Assignment is set to run for 12 months but could be extended based on performance and department need.
What hours and days will this person be working? Mon- Fri, 8hrs each day.
What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
- Required Skill 1: Experience with instrumental analysis
- Required Skill 2: General lab practices/ GLP
- Required Skill 3: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Required Skill 4: Understanding of basic statistics and data analysis
- Required Skill 5: Good presentation and communication skills
What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
- B.S. in STEM field (Chemistry, Biology, Biomedical etc.) 1-2 year work experience.
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- Familiarity/ experience with particle sizing/ testing techniques, force tester, HPLC, UV/ IR/ Fluorescence spectroscopy, basic practices for sampling, weighing, pH measurement, familiarity with basic computer knowledge.
What is the environment that this person will be working in (i.e. group setting vs individual role)? GLP environment in lab. Individual will be working directly with one (1) supervisor but may interface with multiple individuals from the technical team.
Other notable details from the hiring manager about this role.
- This role is an on-site position with about 80% lab activities and 20% stationary activities.
Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? Local Candidates only