- Title: Network Architect
- Code: RCI-105726
- Location: US-Remote
- Posted Date: 05/09/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Anish Patel
- Email: Anish.Patel@rangam.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 208
Remote position with a preference for someone living in an EST or CST time zone.
- The Network Engineer Specialist role is to architect, plan, implement, troubleshoot and issue resolution of existing and future network infrastructures to deliver best-in-class network performance.
- The infrastructure includes network LAN/WAN (switches, routers), WLAN and VoIP.
- The successful candidate must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework. Provide design, engineering and architectural support to manage the network infrastructure including technical requirements, analysis, design and implementation of WAN, LAN, WLAN, SD-WAN, SDN and VoIP.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement in our designs, implementations, and processes to avoid production downtime and drive a culture of Operational Excellence.
- Provide level 3 network support including system monitoring and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Engineer, document and implement LAN, WAN and WLAN solutions.
- Mentor junior team members develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
- Develops and achieves discipline strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives.
- Collaborates with experts within function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of new/improved technology.
- Advances technical expertise within function.
- Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management.
- Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assess current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Applies imagination and innovation by creating, inventing, and implementing new or better approaches, alternatives and breakthrough ideas that are valued by customers within the function.
- Sources and identifies emerging technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance.
- Integrates trends into functional short-term objectives.
- Advances cross-discipline technology and direction through generation of data.
- Write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
- Analytical decision making Continuous improvement mindset Cross-Boundary collaboration Design Excellence Managing Changes Planning & prioritizing work Project management Vendor management
- Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field 10 or more years of relevant experience architecting, designing, installing and maintaining network systems.
- functional experience in Network architect role or equivalent CCNP, CCIE certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Advanced experience with multivendor global enterprise environment.
- Advanced experience in architecting large-scale global networks and documentation. Advanced experience in SDN and SD-WAN. Advanced experience with Cisco switching and routing platforms such as Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ISR and ASR.
- Advanced experience and understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Advanced experience and understanding of dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF).
- Advanced experience and understanding in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, SDN, SDA and Cisco DNA.
- Excellent technical abilities and working experience of Cisco network infrastructure.
- Advanced experience in wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers. Preferred experience in network load balancers such as Citrix NetScaler.
- Preferred experience in AWS and Azure network infrastructure.
- Advanced experience in Network security, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewall platforms.
- Project management skills, ability to manage time and complex tasks, and working knowledge of SLAs and Metrix.