- Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Code: RCI-105791
- Location: Auburn, NY 13021
- Posted Date: 05/20/2022
- Duration: 9 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Sagar Shah
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 233
- Must have 3D Modeling Experience
- software can vary (preference for Autodesk Inventor software)
- MUST Machine Design experience
- Manufacturing Engineer background if struggling to find machine design candidates.
- Participate as a member of the Engineering team,
- working to design custom manufacturing equipment for testing and assembling of centrifugal and multi-stage pumps.
- Will work within a cross functional team, including representatives from Production, Product Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Controls Engineering, and outside vendors.
- Candidate must have 3D CAD experience, a knowledge of automation, is a motivated self-starter, detail oriented, strong communication, and organizational skills.
- Perform mechanical system design in support of custom test and assembly equipment.
- Use project management skills to implement turnkey designs for new assembly and test equipment.
- Design fixtures, tools, and processes for safe and efficient manufacture, in-process inspection, and test of products.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources (suppliers) to manage system builds and ensure timelines and performance criteria are met.
- Coordinate with Controls group during design and start up phases of projects.
- Provide general engineering and CAD support to the machine build shop as required.
- Provide support during run-off phase of machine build projects.
- Design manufacturing equipment by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by considering space requirements and floor layout.
- Associate’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering 5 years minimum of 3D CAD design experience (Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks)
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor (or Solidworks) and AutoCAD Excellent mechanical aptitude and skills.
- Knowledge of automation, controls, pneumatics, and pipe design is a plus General familiarity with technology commonly used in manufacturing systems.
- Must be able to develop new equipment from concept through launch.
- Creative ability to conceptualize early on in a project Basic knowledge of machining practices and how part tolerances affect machining requirements and cost.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Knowledge of material properties (machinability, weldability, heat treatment, corrosion resistance, etc).
- Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques – Kaizen, 5S, VSM, Standard Work, continuous flow manufacturing, error-proofing, SMED, 5S Experience as a Manufacturing Engineer is a plus.
- Ability to work productively, maintain project timelines, and within a project budget
- Ability to work within a team and independently without constant supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel Strong verbal and written communication skills are required Core Competencies
- Action Oriented Problem Solving
- Drive for Results Informing Timely Decision Making Learning on the Fly Creativity Interpersonal Savvy Priority Setting