- Title: Research Scientist
- Code: RCI-47887-1
- Location: San Francisco, CA 94158
- Posted Date: 05/23/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Research Scientist - Translational Research
Location - San Francisco, CA
Duration = 12 months from start date
Typical Daily Work Hours = 8am to 5pm (some flexibility in start / end times); 8 hrs / day & 40 hrs / Week
Weekend & OT work = None
100% onsite wet-lab bench work.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, collaborative individual to join our translational research group.
A successful candidate will contribute to the discovery and development of innovative fit-for-purpose biomarker assays and supports the delivery of biomarker and translational data under the guidance of the Biomarkers Lead. The candidate will use current or develop new techniques to address questions of biomarkers, drug mechanisms of action and drug sensitivity / resistance.
MOST IMPORTANT: Expertise in mammalian cell culture. Proficient hands-on experience in cell and molecular techniques including DNA/RNA/protein preparation and analyses (RT-PCR, Western blot etc.)
- Core cell biology skills including cell-based assays to evaluate cell growth
- Act as a scientific and technical expert to -support the translational deliverables including planning andanalyses of broad range of biomarker readouts for preclinical and early phase clinical programs.
- Work with cross-functional groups to define translational hypotheses including potential pharmacodynamics and predictive biomarkers for development candidates
- Implement translational research studies utilizing cutting-edge technologies Scientific Capabilities
The Successful Candidate Will be Expected to:
- Conduct experimental work independently, with accurate, detailed record-keeping
- Have excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Prepare and discuss scientific data in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Set up and utilize a wide range of in vitro oncology models
- Be able to identify scientific and technical problems and suggest potential solutions
- Below Experience is a PLUS:
- Cell-based high throughput assays, siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR etc.
- Microscopy, immunoprecipitation
- Cell migration assays, Quantigene assays, ELISA etc.
- Immunofluorescence techniques, cell signaling, flow cytometry
- Experience in oncology and/or immunology
Requirements & Education
- The position requires a Ph.D., M.Sc., or B.Sc. in oncology, immunology, or immuno-oncology, with at least 1-3 years (M.Sc.), 3-5 years (B.Sc.) of industry drug development experience or academic laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of preclinical research
- Strong written & verbal communication skills for presenting data to stakeholders across disciplines
- Be flexible in case of changing priorities
- This position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of the drug discovery and early development cycle and see a product through from inception to clinical PoC.
- The experiences gained will serve as a structural foundation for understanding theories and steps of drug development and their significant impact on the success of a new therapy.