- Title: Senior Research Associate II, Analytical Development
- Code: RCI-11871
- Location: Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Posted Date: 06/23/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Rohit Sughani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 293
True Job Title: Senior Research Associate II, Analytical Development
Onsite: 5 days/wk; some weekend work may be required but it would be rare
Note: Vaccine Mandate is in effect due to the onsite nature of the role.
Please note that this position requires 2yrs minimum experience with flow cytometry
- Client is seeking a highly motivated individual with analytical development and support experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment.
- The Senior Research Associate of Analytical Development (AD) will be mainly responsible for deep analytical characterization of cell therapy products at different developmental stages and oversee the maintenance of analytical instruments. You will also be assisting in planning and executing laboratory studies, analyze/review experimental data and carefully document resultant information.
- This position reports to a Manager.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Execute flow cytometric testing on a regular basis or as needed, in support of process development and product characterization
- Perform data analysis, data reporting, and further statistical analysis with advanced analysis software
- Assist in data verification to ensure data integrity
- Maintain, calibrate and operate flow cytometry analytical equipment and BD cell sorter
- Implement reagent titration, lot-checking, and maintain proficiency testing database
- Transfer flow cytometry assays from the method development group to analytical testing group
- Write, review, and revise technical documents
- Assist in developing, qualifying, executing and documenting ≥4 color flow cytometry methods to study and characterize processes for production of T cell therapies
- Provide user training on instruments, sample analysis, and cross-train analysts on analytical methods
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to reflect changes in business processes.
- BSc degree with 1 plus years industry experience in cell therapy areas.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of developing flow cytometry methods, and technical knowledge of instrument, method controls
- Proficient in operating CytoFLEX S/LX and BD Canto II/10
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Previous experience with other technologies is a plus
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel, MS Teams, Prism, Diva, CytEXPERT, and FlowJo data analysis software
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload/assignments based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description