- Title: Forklift Operator
- Code: RCI-14530
- Location: Olympia, WA 98516
- Posted Date: 06/27/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Hardik Patel
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 255
The main function of a forklift/heavy machine operator is to operate industrial trucks or machinery in a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. A typical forklift/heavy machine operator is responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility.
- Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Move controls to drive vehicles and transport materials between loading, processing and storage areas.
- Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts and hoists, to load, unload, transport and stack material.
- Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids and boxes and secure materials or products for transport to designated areas.
Operates propane powered Fork Lift to move, organize and maintain inventory. Load and Unload trucks both inbound and outbound. Perform daily lift truck inspection and minor maintenance.
Variety of tasks including, Production Department Relief and Material Handling, as needed.
- Industrial manufacturing and Fork Lift experience is required..
- Load and Un-load trucks using fork lift and/or pallet jack.
- Receiving - inspect product and quantities for accuracy.
- Report any discrepancies to the Receiving Office. Sign off on driver copy.
- Read and complete paperwork pertaining to customer orders per Daily Schedule- Picking Sheets, BOL’s & Pallet Tags.
- Accurately pull product, per picking sheets, and stage by PO for preparation of shipment.
- Use of Double Check System, indicating follow through by Initialing paperwork. Manually Shrink Wrap pallets as needed. Last 4 numbers of PO in BOLD marker.
- Perform periodic physical counts of inventory as requested and report findings to purchasing manager
- Inspect damaged pallets; sort and load pallets onto enclosed trailers for outgoing customer orders
- Maintain Warehouse and Yard area cleanliness - remove scrap production material from pallets, pick up scrap wood, removing garbage, keeping work area organized.
- Keep all Exits and Dock Doors Secure and Safe. At end of Shift, Shut Down.
- Ability to follow instructions while using Safe Work Practices - PPE and Safety Devices
- Excellent math skills, Accuracy, and Attentions to Details
- Excellent hand-eye, and foot-eye coordination, for safe operation of lift truck
- Physical agility to turn and twist neck and torso up to 60 times per hour, and lift, up to 50 lbs
- Maintain safe work environment for operator and other workers in a professional manner
- Must be Self Motivated, Cooperative and Eager with continued learning of policies, both old, and new as they arise with the ability to follow instructions
- Verbal communication skills, attention to detail, team player and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Forklift operator’s license required.
Physical Requirements: -
- Must be able to communicate (read, write, speak) English in order to follow instructions and safety guidelines.
- Constant use of arms, hands, wrists, fingers, legs, ankles, feet.
- Constant bending, squatting, sitting, standing.
- Company does not permit any Contract Employee to operate motor vehicles.
- 5+ years of experience.