- Title: Scientist (Cell Culture)
- Code: RCI-18984
- Location: South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Posted Date: 08/05/2022
- Duration: 6 Months
- Name:Sumit Rawat
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 232
Transporter Scientist-II Contractor (DMPK-BA)
- The DMPK-BA department in Client Bay Area (ABA), CA is seeking a highly motivated Transporter Scientist contractor (6 months) to join the In Vitro ADME group (Uptake Transporter Center of Excellence).
- The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other team members to characterize the ADME properties of candidate drug molecules.
- DMPK-BA works very closely with other disciplines (medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, toxicology etc.) to conduct preclinical studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.
- In this role, you will be a scientist with hands-on experience for routinely managing mammalian cells, heaptocytes-based drug transporter assays to characterize pipeline candidate in a state-of-the art facility.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Routine mammalian cell culture and preservation in an efficient manner
- Handling and seeding of primary hepatocytes and recombinant cells
- Conducting HT-screening for inhibition potential on uptake transporters
- Conducting in vitro ADME studies
- Analyzing data and maintenance of detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentations
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
- PhD/PharmD degree (0-2 years of experience), MS degree (+4 years of experience), B.S. (6 years of experience) in pharmacy, pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, biological chemistry or equivalent in drug metabolism or related discipline with relevant industry experience in drug discovery/development
What are the top 3-5 skillsrequirements should this person have?
- Excellent skills and understanding of recombinant/transiently transfected cell lines, culture, seeding, storage is must
- Working experience with hepatocytes, 2D/3D culture
- Hands-on-experience with molecular and cellular biology laboratory techniques
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- Working experience with in vitro drug transporters, metabolism is a plus
- Familiarity with enzyme/transporter kinetics, data fitting
- Experience with radioisotope is a plus
- Knowledge of both biological and physicochemical properties of small molecules that influence ADME
- Experience with use of electronic lab notebook is a plus
- The individual is also expected to be organized, a team player, passionate about drug discovery, and possess effective communication skills
What type of environment is this person working in?
- Group setting
- Individual Setting
- XXX Combination of both
- Work ScheduleMonday to Friday- Reg hours
Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role?100% onsite
Is the worker onshore or offshore? No
Will there be Domestic and/or International Travel? No