- Title: Accountant
- Code: RCI-0909
- Location: Washington, DC 20005
- Posted Date: 08/09/2022
- Duration: 8 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Steve Macwan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 224
Please note that the selected candidate will work on a hybrid schedule.
- Responsibilities include participating in the day-to-day activities of the accounting operation, which includes preparing account analyses, journal entries, & fixed asset and cash disbursement reconciliations.
- Performs month-end and year-end closing duties and analyzes various receivable and suspense accounts, ensuring that the accounts are reconciled to detailed transaction data.
- Researches unusual variances for both income statement (statement of operations) and balance sheet accounts.
- Reviews customers’ adjustments and posting, and makes contact as needed.
- Provides day-to-day administration of the Board’s cash and checking accounts, ensuring that adequate funds are available to meet the Board’s financial obligations and assists with the quarterly to annually preparation of the financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and COSO/SOX compliance.
- The Accountant is expected to be innovative in executing assignments and meeting program goals.
- Business Analysis experience, data analysis/process modeling/reporting experience, financial analysis experience
- Requires thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), concepts and theories and have the skills to apply this knowledge in the completion of assigned duties and responsibilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least four (4) years of specific work experience
- Experience with automated general ledger systems
- Shall be proficient in office automation software, and have advanced Excel knowledge
- Able to keep abreast of changes of professional accounting concepts and technology and translate those developments to Board requirements
- Shall have demonstrated excellent customer relations skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff effectively
Education: Bachelor’s degree