- Title: UX Designer
- Code: RCI-85823Y0333
- Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Posted Date: 08/11/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
- Name:Dalpat Prajapati
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 412
Work Location - Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (at least 3 days a week)
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Service Designer will work with other City and vendor Service Designers, UX Designers, the Product Manager, and Software Developers to scope and conduct user research around assigned problem spaces in order to acquire a deep understanding of problems faced by users (both inside and outside government), synthesize that understanding, and produce comprehensive reports, current and future state blueprints, journey maps, and other artefacts to properly share the problems, understandings, and suggested solution paths with City staff.
- Own user research and service design research for a problem space
- Prepare and/or coordinate all documentation, plans, consent forms, recruitment and other preparation activities needed to successfully conduct user research and service design research
- Conduct 1:1 and group user research sessions, including leading interviews, note taking, and other activities related to user research sessions, following all City-required standards and policies
- Create synthesis documents, reports, and design artefacts such as service blueprints, user journey maps, etc. as needed to adequately portray and communicate the learnings from user research.
- 8 years of experience in user research, service design and/or UX design (or related fields) during which time candidate had demonstrated experience independently planning, recruiting for, conducting, and synthesizing user research sessions and/or service design efforts.
- Deep understanding of service design principles, practices, and methods
- Understanding of user research principles and benefits
- Understanding of product development methodology, frameworks, and principles
- Some skill in UX software including Figma
- Data and evidence-driven decision making
- Some knowledge of modern technology, including cloud technology, architecture, agile delivery methods and software practices
- Ability to guide design decisions in complex service areas, helping stakeholder see opportunities and leading process change and plotting a path forward
- Ability to understand technical complexity and risks, run collaborative design activities, influence senior leaders and others.
- Ability to help services build and deliver on transformation vision
- Ability to manage risk, and explain the trade-off between complex risk factors to find simple ways forward
- Ability to facilitate and guide services, make decisions, and plot the path forward.
- Ability to prototype in different ways: on paper, in static code or in conversation
- Ability to build clear visualizations of service and user journeys to help teams plan and prioritize work, working alongside a Product Manager
- Able to build great relationships with a wide range of disciplines
- Relentless user focus, with the ability to contribute to user research and the translation of user feedback into design decisions
- Extensive experience planning, designing, and delivering user research in the context of product and service design
- Nuanced understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the context of digital service design
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams to design and build services and improve existing service delivery
- Experience delivering prototype interactions against time constraints to help unlock creative thinking in a team
- Experience of managing service design projects and programs in large organizations
- Experience of facilitating cross-organizational work, helping disparate parts of an organization to map and understand its interdependencies
- Proven experience of building positive relationships with a range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading design crits and community sessions
- Candidate MUST have an online portfolio and provide a link as part of the submission package (in the body of the resume preferred).
- Ability to translate learnings into wireframes and/or prototypes for further testing
- Ability to create and conduct compelling and concise presentations to senior stakeholders on the learnings from user research
- Knowledge of systems thinking
- Understanding of the history of service design
- Coaching and mentoring
- Desire to take an active part in the cross-government digital and design community.
- Ability to coach teams in agile ways of working
- Ability to apply digital ways of thinking to non-digital problems
- Experience coaching people in a non-agile organization how to embrace service design and user focus
- Experience leading service design teams to help an organization understand and solve large, complex problems
Candidates must be willing and able to pass an assessment conducted by NYC hiring manager(s).
Vendor MUST provide a link to candidate’s portfolio in the submitted resume.