- Title: Senior Research Associate
- Code: RCI-49578-1
- Location: San Diego, CA 92121
- Posted Date: 08/11/2022
- Duration: 12 Months
Talk to our Recruiter
- Name:Rajesh Rathod
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 426
Location - Onsite
Senior Research Associate
- We are seeking a motivated Senior Research Associate with broad experience and understanding of the small-molecule drug discovery processes. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to
- Develop and implement robust cellular assays to support discovery of small molecules as clinical development candidates;
- Execute in vitro studies that further our understanding of the mechanisms of novel compounds.
- The desired candidate should have broad experience in cell biology, biochemistry, in vitro cell culture techniques and a willingness to learn.
- Responsibilities include utilizing cellular models to develop and execute cell line construction, gene editing and development of new in vitro assays.
- The candidate will work within discovery project teams and with scientists across different functional areas and is expected to contribute to project based decisions.
- Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays to support identification, optimization, and characterization of novel chemical matter
- Develop and construct cell lines and tools for Mechanism of Action (MoA) studies
- Optimize and assist running protein and RNA purification assays
- Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to support MoA studies
- Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner
- Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery teams
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, lentivirus preparation, transfection of cell lines, CRISPR KO, shRNA knock downs and western blot analysis.
- Deep understanding and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays, including but not limited to: Cell proliferation assays, cell cycle assays, apoptosis assays, MSD, and incucyte growth.
- Data analysis and data handling skills including importing/exporting data into/from databases, and experience with a variety of scientific software applications.
- Ability to use or learn automation equipment and develop assays in 96 or 384-well formats.
- Familiarity with discovery of new small molecule entities and lead identification/optimization and understanding key aspects of Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) support using biological assays is a plus.
- Familiarity with genome-wide screening techniques and genomics including RNAseq is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Capability to stay focused, attention to details and deliver high quality data in a timely and well-organized manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology with 3 years laboratory experience or Master’s Degree with 1 year laboratory experience