Process Development Professional in Meriden, CT
- Title: Process Development Professional
- Code: RCI-06765
- Location: Meriden, CT 06450
- Posted Date: 08/12/2022
- Duration: 5 Months
- Name:Rajgurusingh Azad
- Email: Rajgurusingh.email@example.com
- Phone: 908-704-8843 ✖ 225
- Responsibilities to support the development and continuous improvement of bioprocess production for manufacturing of vaccine.
- It is involved in performing sequence analysis of circulating in fuenza strains using the EpiFlu and other relevant databases to predict the strain change, development Of transfer plasmid libraries, asssist with working virus bank generation and stability for seasonal strain changes.
- The Upstream group also provides support to other departments in the organization as needed.
Position overview/key responsibilities:
- The selected candidate is expected to assist in nucleotide and amino acid analysis of Hem agglutinin (HA) proteins, generation of plasmid libraries, confirmation of nucleotide insert sequences in the transfer plasmid, and documentation and delivery of final transfer plasmids to appropriate groups for use in the generation of working virus banks;
- A critical part in the protein production process.
- Duties will include: cloning techniques such as site directed mutagenesis and Gibson assembly, primer design, PCR, plasmid/DNA purification, DNA sequencing, restriction digest, as well as other experiments as needed.
- In addition, participation in day-to-day operational upstream activities, which includes cleaning, updating and maintaining upstream inventory, and provide support during daily operations.
- The candidate is also expected to assist molecular biology strategies and approaches to increase the yield of recombinant antigens.
- Perform routine molecular biology tasks such as primer design, DNA construct design, PCR amplification,DNA electrophoresis, cloning, plasmid purification, DNA purification, restriction endonucleases digest, DNA sequencing and analysis, transformation of E.coli, making broth and agarose plates
- Perform fem to pulse experiments.
- Document experiments and maintain proper records electronically and in lab notebooks.
- Effectively communicate results in group and department meetings.
- Contribute to lab organization, maintenance of instruments, reagent tracking and ordering.
- Ensure that work performed is conducted in a safe and compliant manner in adherence with SOPs and protocols.
- Wash glassware and USP process equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and to present upstream data on a regular basis.
- Performs other functions as required or assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and standard.
- BS or academic degree in a field of Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines.
- 1-2yearsof experience with BS degree working in academic or industry.
- Hands on experience in molecular biology with previous experience in Site Directed Mutagenesis, Gibson assembly, seamless cloning procedures.
- Experience with purification of DNA from bacteria and baculoviruses
- Hands-on experience in DNA sequence analysis, construct design using, ApE,SnapGene or similar software.
- Ability to work within team environment and multitasking is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in cell culture procedures and associated aseptic techniques is a plus.
- Experience working in a lab, General laboratory skills.
- Maintains a good relationship with co-workers.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT, Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative, Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce. Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities, be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs, work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and industries. Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. p >